According to Ayurveda, we are all made up of 3 operating principles or doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Generally, we are a combination of all three with a predominant disposition to one.
The first step for a new member at Brophy’s is to work out their body type. Once we establish your body type
we know exactly how to train you for the best results. So what Ayurvedic body type are you?
Vata Body Type
• Do you have cold hands and feet?
• Is your skin dry, rough, thin?
• Do you think you worry too much?
• Do you find it hard to relax and unwind?
• Do you find you’re quick to grasp information and at times quick to forget?
• Do you suffer from insomnia?
• Do you experience discomfort in the joints?
• Do you forget to eat when under pressure?
• Do you suffer from indigestion and bloating?
• Is your appetite irregular? …hungry one day and not the next?
• Are you easily fatigued?
If you answered yes to most of these, you need to balance your Vata.
Pitta Body Type
• Do you tend to be critical of yourself or others?
• Are you often frustrated, irritable or intense?
• Is your skin ruddy and prone to rashes and eruptions?
• Is your hair prematurely grey or thinning?
• Do you wake up in the early hours and find it difficult to fall back to sleep?
• Do you feel discomfort in hot weather?
• Are you a perfectionist?
• Do you like competition or challenges?
• Do you have a sharp appetite and unable to miss meals?
• Do you have excess stomach acid?
If you answered yes to most of these, you need to balance your Pitta.
Kapha Body Type
• Are you often over settled and lethargic?
• Are you predominately gentle and calm?
• Are you slower to grasp information and then retain it well?
• Do you sleep long hours yet wake unrefreshed?
• Do you feel stiff and heavy, especially in the morning?
• Do you feel discomfort in cold, damp weather?
• Do you suffer from head colds or sinus problems?
• Do you experience bloating and water retention?
• Do you have a tendency to eat when you are not hungry?
• Do you perform activity in a slow methodical manner?
• Do you tend to gain weight easily?
If you answered yes to most of these, you need to balance your Kapha.